19 June, 2009

PSA (Obama Just Signed a Massive Anti-Smoking Bill)


I had to interrupt my regularly scheduled blogging for a quick note: You call it a rant, I'll call it a PSA. I live in a neighborhood where the population has become increasingly dominated by smokers, but it's nearly unbearable when you're under-the-weather and your affliction sits in your throat.

Yes, I'm one of those annoying people who crosses the street, swatting, when I see a smoker approaching. Imagine my surprise when a good friend, who'll remain initial-less, recently ramped up her social smoking into a full-fledged habit.

Would you get up in the morning, fry two eggs and chase it with a glass of ammonia, formaldehyde, and at least 50 other cancer-causing chemicals? Then I don't get why anyone would willingly ingest that toxic combo, exposing everyone else to it in the process.

To say nothing of what it does to the orthodontia over time. It's just a bad, addictive habit, even if you're French rock royalty like Lou Doillon (above, right) or talented rapper Kid Cudi, who left me tossing and turning when I realized he sucks, too.

1 comment:

Justine Reyes said...

no comment