19 June, 2009

Emily Post Would Be Proud, Desiree Rogers


This past winter, I tore out a VOGUE article on Michelle Obama's social secretary, Desiree Rogers. With all of the firsts we were celebrating, this one filled me up more than it probably did the average person.

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood when the NOLA-born Mrs. Rogers is the one presiding over the White House social calendar.

She's generally fabulous and I think, at the risk of sounding traitorous, more naturally stylish in my opinion, than her boss. She's a Wellesly grad and Harvard MBA, but it's not even all about the schooling. I like that elegance and culture (she wants to expand the Obama W.H. modern art collection) can look like her.

Earlier this week, I found this image of her when I was catching up on some reading online. (I promised myself I'd post it today.)

That looks like crisp Mrs. John L. Strong stationary on her desk;)

No comments: