22 June, 2009

Brooklyn. Go Hard.


When you've been sick, flying your flag at half-staff, the right theme music can be crucial to getting your stars and stripes in alignment again. On repeat now is Jay and Santigold trading verses on "Brooklyn, We Go Hard." (Please tell me, wtf's harder than this?)

Could be because BK's Woody Allen is celebrating the 20th anniversary of his landmark "Do the Right Thing" this month. (Spike gets feted with a series of events, including an art exhibit devoted to his first feature-length film, "She's Gotta Have It," beginning on June 25.)

Or that Madewell is partnering with Brooklyn Flea this week, unearthing vintage finds and good eats, but I've been in a Brooklyn state of mind.

Now I don't condone chain-snatching, but that reckless mood once translated to bars puts fuel back in my tank and helps prep me for all that I need to accomplish. Go Hard.



Speaking of Jay, what was your take on his D.O.A.? Sour grapes that he didn't hop on the Auto-Tune early or a rap purist's jeremiad? A certain blogging little ant I know thinks the aging rapper is showing his grey;)

No comments: