23 February, 2010

"Opening" Night? Let Denim Rule


Attending a good number of museum and gallery exhibition openings means getting to see not just great art, but also great fashion.

I think if ever there's an atmosphere where sartorial rules don't apply, it's in the company of art - whether fine or flaky. I love to see girls and boys make an effort.

At my last outing, I wore the cutoffs, tights, and military boots I'd had on all day and just added a chunky metallic knit wrap. And with spring in the offing, I totally co-sign another denim chic look: the ever-fresh Zoe Kravitz, pictured here (in fedora).


For downtowners, Damon Dash (here with daughter Ava, and ex-wife designer Rachel Roy) recently entered the gallery fray with a three-storey space in TriBeCa. It'll be fun to see what hipster-b-boy fashion turns up there.

No comments: